Moreau Community Center is in search for volunteers that are looking to learn about human nature, improve their communication skills and interpersonal relationships, generally develop themselves, and give back to the community. All of this can be attained through volunteering as a telephone or crisis chat specialist for United Way 2-1-1.
If you are caring, compassionate, and would like to make a difference in the lives of people who need services or who are in crisis, this may be a position for you. Extensive training, supervision, and life changing experiences are just some of the benefits that this opportunity can offer.
Additional benefits include:
- Improve your listening skills
- Positively influence you to be a better parent/partner/friend/colleague etc.
- Personal development in many areas
- Know that you are making a difference
- Positively influence your career
- Socialization (parties, picnics, awards, rewards, retreats)
- Accreditation from a National Body
- Be part of a national cause
- Save lives
For more details call 2-1-1 or visit www.fcscr.org to fill out a volunteer application.