The acclaimed Adirondack Ballet Theater performs a rotating traditional ballet each spring, and this year they’re sharing their rendition of Beauty and the Beast. Here’s what you can expect from ABT’s adaptation of this Disney classic, happening this weekend.
Beauty and the Beast will be performed on Saturday, March 25th and Sunday the 26th at the Charles R. Wood Theater. You’ll have three chances to see the show – Saturday at 2:30pm, Saturday at 7:30pm, or Sunday at 12:30pm.Tickets for the show are $12 per person.
Students between the ages of 4 and 18 along with professional guest artists will perform the story of Belle and the Beast. You’ll be swept up in the journey of a young girl named Beauty, as she moves through a magical garden and woods before arriving at the castle. Beauty grows into an amazing young woman, Belle, who finds herself falling in love with the beast.
The cast includes:
- Audrey Burkhardt, 16, of Warrensburg as Princess Belle
- Olivia Moon, 13, of Glens Falls, as the young Beauty
- Alison Harris, 15, of Queensbury, as Mrs. Potts
- Rachel Deck, 15, of Queensbury, as Lumiere
- Teagan Jarvis, 12, of Warrensburg, as Babette
- Cailyn Gordon, 12, of Queensbury, as Chip
- Leonel Linares, New York City professional guest artist and choreographer, as Prince Orian
- Kasey Manning, ABT alumni, as the Beast
Local choreographers involved with the production are Diane LaBruzzo, Allie Bullard, Melissa DerGurhian, Brittani Matos, and Autumn Tamlyn.
Make sure to bring the whole family to the show – kids are encouraged to dress up as their favorite prince or princess for the day! They’ll have a chance to participate in a French folk dance during the intermission, and they can take a photo in the special photo spot.
Tickets are going fast so make sure to grab yours today, and enjoy this adaptation of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast this weekend!