Get in the know with what’s happening in the Glens Falls region, including new and free children’s theater performances, a new disc golf course, and more.
Browse Upcoming Events In & Near Glens Falls
Take a Bite is back! Here’s what else is happening:
- Film Screening of Sherlock Jr. at The Park Theater: July 8
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: July 8 (and other dates)
- Free Second Thursday at The Hyde: July 8 (and other dates)
- Chapman Museum Presentation on the Archeology Dig at Wiawaka House: July 8
- Summer Concert Series at Crandall Park: Wild Adriatic: July 9
- 12th Annual Adirondack Greek Festival in South Glens Falls: July 9
- Food Truck Fridays at the Washington County Fairgrounds: July 9 (and other dates)
- Artisan Trails in Washington County’s Countywide Tour: July 9 – 11
- Grand Reopening of World Awareness Children’s Museum: July 10
- Second Saturday Concerts at Hicks Orchard With Rachelle Garniez: July 10
- Old Washington County Jail Haunted Night: July 10
- Draft Horse Parade in Fort Ann: July 10
- Parks-Bentley Place Plaque Dedication: July 10
- Pember Nature Preserve Program & Walk – Birds & Bees Pollination: July 11
- Take a Bite: July 14 (and other dates)
News to Know With Crandall Park Happenings, A Restaurant Move & More
Family Theater Comes to Crandall Park
The Glens Falls Community Theatre is offering free performances on Tuesdays this summer in Crandall Park. They’re presenting Miss Nelson is Missing! for the month of July, and August brings Charlotte’s Web. Performances are free and there will be food trucks for people to grab some grub before the show.
There’s a New Disc Golf Course in Town
Disc golf lovers now have a place to play besides at Crandall Park; there is now a nine-hole disc golf course at the Moreau Recreation Park in Fort Edward. The Town of Moreau Recreation Department recently posted on Facebook that permanent tee pads are coming soon, and you can find full course details on the UDisc app.
Glens Falls Gains a Greenwich Restaurant
According to The Post Star, Sweet Beet Bistro, a farm-to-table restaurant in Greenwich that closed last year, will reopen – but in Glens Falls this time. The eatery will be located in the former Mailings Made Easy building at 80 – 82 Warren Street. The reopening is expected for late September or early October.
3 Adirondack Thunder Updates to Know
The Adirondack Thunder has announced that Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Alex Loh will return for the 2021 to 2022 season.
“Last winter put in stark relief how much the Thunder and the entire Glens Falls area means to me so I can’t wait to get our team back in front of our passionate fans,” the coach said in a statement. He previously led the Thunder to a 59-54-14-8 record in his first two seasons.
In addition, the Thunder has signed a multi-year extension that will keep their affiliation agreement with the National Hockey League’s New Jersey Devils. This makes the fifth season that the Thunder and Devils have partnered up.
The third piece of news is that the hockey team is hosting a player signing event tomorrow, July 9, at the Bullpen Tavern. This is the first organized team event since March of 2020.
Granville Community Foundation Celebrates Fundraising Goal
The newly-formed Granville Community Foundation has passed the halfway point on their $1-million goal for 2021; they’re currently at $566,275. Paula and Michael Freed, who now reside in Michigan but are from Granville, have pledged to match 50% of every donation made during the year up to an additional $250,000.
The goal is to invest in the future of Granville, funding projects relating to education, arts, the environment, and health or social needs.
“The board is excited about all of the progress that we’ve made in six months, though I don’t think any of us anticipated how much work would be required to start a new community foundation from scratch,” Michael Freed said in a statement. “I keep telling myself, we’re only six months old.”
You can find out more and donate here: https://www.glensfallsfoundation.org/granville
- The Post Star: Sweet Beet Bistro to reopen in Glens Falls