Did you know that the Adirondack Christkindlmarkt is taking place in Glens Falls for the first time? Or that the Hyde has brought back candlelight tours for December? Catch up on all the festive happenings in Glens Falls below!
Don’t Miss Out on All These Festive Events Taking Place!
The holiday fun continues with these upcoming festivities:
- The McKrell’s Christmas Show at The Strand: December 2
- Candlelight Tours at The Hyde: December 2, 9 & 16
- Candy Cane Lane in Queensbury: December 3
- Hometown Holidays in Hudson Falls: December 3
- Holiday Lighted Nights at Washington County Fairgrounds: through December 3 (and other dates)
- Adirondack Christkindlmarkt: December 3 – 5
- Holiday Jazz Concert at the Park Theater: December 4
- Salvation Army of Glens Falls Fundraiser Basket Raffle: December 4
- Royal Snow Sisters Princess Show: December 4
- LARAC Holiday Festival: December 5
- Yappy Hour at 42 Degrees Tavern: December 9
- Holiday Festival of Lights in Lake George: through December 31
- Holiday Windows in Cambridge: through January 15
News Around Glens Falls: Letters to Santa, a New Restaurant & More
Get Your Letters to Santa In!
A mailbox for letters to Santa will appear tomorrow, Friday the 3rd, in front of Glens Falls City Hall. Families are invited to drop their letters for St. Nick to be delivered straight to the North Pole. Maybe he’ll write back!
Hudson Falls Welcomes a New Restaurant
The Glens Falls Chronicle reports DeNatale’s Italian Restaurant has opened in Hudson Falls. The Italian restaurant and bar offers classic dishes like Chicken Parm, but Co-Owner Kevin Golonka told the publication that roughly 30 to 50% of the menu you can’t find anywhere else.
The restaurant is located next to the Strand Theatre at the corner of Main and Locust, and is open 4pm to 9pm Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
North Country Festival of Trees a Success
Over $47,000 was raised at last weekend’s North Country Festival of Trees, according to the Post Star. The money benefits the Prospect Center, which provides programs and services for people with disabilities and their families. The original goal was $35,000, so this was undoubtedly welcomed news for all involved.
Vaccination Site Reopened in Queensbury
If you’ve driven by Aviation Mall the past couple of days, you may have noticed the vaccination site is open again.
“With the arrival of winter when more people are traveling and gathering indoors, and the emergence of the Omicron variant, we are reminded that we cannot let our guard down in our fight against COVID-19,” Governor Kathy Hochul said in a statement. “Vaccinations and testing are the best tools we have in preventing further spread of the virus and its variants.”
The Queensbury site will be open each day from 8am to 7pm; it’s also open at select times for COVID testing. You can contact your local health department, pharmacy, doctor, or hospital to schedule an appointment where vaccines are available, or go here to schedule online: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/#_blank