Make plans for New Year’s if you haven’t yet, and see what’s happening around Glens Falls, including a dog-related fundraiser and upcoming fun at The Shirt Factory.
Events Happening on NYE & Beyond in the Glens Falls Region
Here’s what’s going on for New Year’s Eve and into next week:
- New Year’s Eve Dinner & A Comedy Show at the Park Theater: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at The Queensbury Hotel: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at The Grateful Den: December 31
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Hudson Falls: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at Broadway Lanes: December 31
- New Year’s Eve Noisemaker Craft at WACM: December 31
- Adirondack Thunder VS Newfoundland Growlers: December 31
- Holiday Festival of Lights in Lake George: through December 31
- First Day Hike at Prospect Mountain: January 1
- New Year’s Day Frostbite Cruise on Lake George: January 1
- Adirondack Thunder VS Trois-Rivieres: January 2
- Family Craft Night at The Chapman: January 4
- Lake George Winterfest: through March 11
News Around Glens Falls: Upcoming Events, Police Fundraiser & More
The Thunder Is Thrilled to Be Back on the Ice for NYE
The Adirondack Thunder had to undergo a mandatory stoppage in play earlier this month, but they return to puck tomorrow for New Year’s Eve as they face off against the Newfoundland Growlers.
“There’s no better way to kick-off the New Year celebration than with the fast-paced excitement of Adirondack Thunder ice hockey,” Adirondack Thunder President Jeff Mead said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to be back on home ice after a brief hiatus and look forward to seeing our fans for the first time in three weeks.”
For New Year’s Eve, the Thunder is offering a family-four-pack deal that includes four tickets, four souvenir cups, and two jump passes to Sky Zone for $69. There will also be $4 12oz Bud Light specials throughout the evening.
Mark Your Calendar for The Shirt Factory’s 2022 Special Events
The Shirt Factory has announced a few upcoming events we can look forward to: Valentine’s Day One Stop Shop on February 4 and 5 as well as 11 and 12, the Winter Meltdown Spicy Food Festival on March 19, and Spring is Sweet, April Maple. And there will be more after that!
Plus, don’t forget the building has four floors of small studios and shops selling a range of unique products. Different businesses operate under different hours, but generally speaking the best time to visit is Thursday through Saturday, 12pm to 5pm.
Glens Falls Police Raising Money for K-9 Program
As of this writing, the Glens Falls Police Department has raised over $3,000 towards their $10,000 fundraising goal for the department’s K-9 program. They’re looking to purchase training equipment, including a police vehicle with a heat sensor and a door popper. The properly-equipped vehicle would be able to notify the handler via cell phone of an issue with the dog or the vehicle, and the door popper can be used to release the dog to assist an officer.
You can donate to the GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/glens-falls-pd-k9-unit
Order Farmers Market Products Online Ahead of Time, Then Pick Them Up
You may know that the Glens Falls Farmers Market operates indoors, out of Aviation Mall, on Saturdays during the winter months. But, did you know you can place your order ahead of time, and then go pick it up at a designated time? They’ll bring your order right out to your car. It couldn’t be easier to support local and get great products like breakfast sausage patties from Grazin Acres Farm, rainbow bagel chips from Alchemy Bagel Co, or sour garlic pickles from Puckers Gourmet.
- The Post Star: Glens Falls Police Department raising money for K-9 equipment