The Chapman Museum is bringing back their guided walking tours downtown, the weekly food truck corral carries on, and there’s more going on around Glens Falls! Plus, get updates on two business expansions.
Comedy, Baseball, Balloons & More Worthwhile Glens Falls Events
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Comedy Open Mic Night at 42 Degrees Tavern: June 2
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: June 2 (and other dates)
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Amsterdam Mohawks: June 3
- Downtown Glens Falls Guided Walking Tour: June 3 (and other dates)
- Cambridge Valley Balloon Festival: June 3 – 5
- ESTRA Tow Show in Lake George: June 3 – 5
- Spring Soiree at Dancing Ewe Farm: June 4
- Glens Falls Symphony Springtime Gala at the Lake George Club: June 5
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Oneonta Outlaws: June 5
- Warren County Virtual Program on Safe Streets: June 7
- Americade in Lake George: June 7 – 11
Business Expansions, A Bread Mission & More Glens Falls News to Know
Adirondack Winery’s Queensbury Location Opens Tasting Room
Adirondack Winery broke ground on their new 2,600-square-foot Queensbury facility back in October, and they’re finally opening the tasting room portion of the business. Book online and plan a visit for wine tastings, charcuterie, “frose” wine slushies, brunch, 2-oz pours, and more. Check out that gorgeous patio space!
The Queensbury Hotel’s Expansion Should Be Done Next Month
According to today’s Glens Falls Chronicle, the Queensbury Hotel’s $3.8-million expansion should be completed in time for their ribbon cutting celebration on July 21. The new space also needs to be ready for the Police Chiefs convention scheduled for July 24 to 27.
The hotel’s event space will now essentially be broken up into three sections: ADK East, ADK West, and ADK North. East and West come in at about 1,000 square feet each, and North is at 3,500. Together, the spaces combine to form the Adirondack Ballroom, which can be used as a 5,700-square-foot space. In addition, there’s a new, separate 1,000-square-foot banquet kitchen.
Community Bread Mission – Because Everyone Deserves Good Bread
Rock Hill Bakehouse & Cafe announced that all their bread is now pay-what-you-can. If you need a free loaf, you can take a coupon upon entering (two are allowed per visit), and if you need a discount, come on up to the register and order the bread you’d like and pay what you can. If you can pay full price, that’s appreciated.
Queensbury Parks & Rec Need Experienced Softball Umpires
Queensbury Parks & Rec is looking for softball umpires for the 6pm Wednesday and Thursday night Men’s Softball League games at Jenkinsville Park. The pay rate is $40 per hour. Those interested can call 518.761.8216.
- Glens Falls Chronicle: Queensbury Hotel expansion nears completion