Rain may be forecasted for today, but the Shirt Factory says they’ve got all the tents you need to have a great time at the weekly food truck festival. Check out what else is going on around Glens Falls below, including the return of the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival in Lake George.
Food Trucks, Free Fishing Days & More
Here’s what’s happening:
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: June 23
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Albany Dutchmen: June 23
- 3rd Annual Adirondack 15K Race to the Lakes: June 25
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Mohawk Valley Diamond Dogs: June 25
- Adirondack Wine & Food Festival in Lake George: June 25 & 26
- Free Fishing Days in New York State: June 25 & 26
- 18th Century Naval Reenactment at Rogers Island Visitors Center: June 25 & 26
- Summer Solstice Market & Folk Music Festival at Argyle Brewing’s The Depot: June 26
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Amsterdam Mohawks: June 26
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – The Chinese Lady: through June 26
- Glens Falls City Band at Glens Falls City Park: June 27
- Pints 4 Pints – Community Blood Drive at Aviation Mall: June 30
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Oneonta Outlaws: June 30
Glens Falls News This Week: Parks, Playgrounds & Pools
New Park in Hudson Falls Open, Has Exercise Equipment & Restrooms
The impressive Derby-Moran Park’s renovations are complete, and kids and parents alike will love this playground. There are unique elements like exercise equipment and a peddle bridge, and they also have restrooms, a bench in the shade (this can be surprisingly tough to come by), and a softball field, pickleball courts, and more.
The one downside is there is no parking lot, but it’s not tough to find street parking right at the park or close by.
Two Area Pools Open & One Needs a Lifeguard
The East Field Pool, part of the East Field Recreation Center, will open on June 26, reports News 10 ABC. Pool hours will be 11am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday, and 12pm to 7pm Wednesday to Friday. The City of Glens Falls is seeking a lifeguard for the pool. Those interested can reach out to email@example.com or call 518.615.0446.
And, the pool at Gurney Lane Recreation Area in Queensbury opens today, June 23, with morning swim for adults starting on June 27; morning swim is available for ages 18+ from 6:30am to 8:30am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. A pool pass or daily entrance fee of $5 per day is required.
The World Awareness Children’s Museum Is Temporarily Closed
A car accident resulted in damage to the World Awareness Children’s Museum’s building last Saturday, the kids museum posted on Facebook. No one was hurt and they plan to open up again soon.
There’s No Longer a COVID Vaccination & Testing Site at Aviation Mall
In light of COVID case numbers going down, the New York State Department of Health closed the vaccine site at Aviation Mall. Warren County Health Services will continue to help individuals in need of testing or vaccinations, reports the Glens Falls Chronicle, and you call 518.761.6580 if you’re in need of that assistance.
- News 10 ABC: East Field Pool opens soon in Glens Falls