The Conkling Center (formerly known as (the Glens Falls Home, Inc.) is a Private Not-For-Profit Operating Foundation committed to enhancing the quality of life for community members age 55+.
The Conkling Center was established in 1898 for the purpose of providing a home style residence for aged women in the Glens Falls Community. Although the residence was closed in 1999 and subsequently sold, They. has continued to create programs, services and opportunities to enrich the lives of adults, 55+ living in the Greater Glens Falls community.
The Conkling Center partnered with The Eddy, a division of Northeast Health, to develop and establish the first full-service retirement community in the Greater Glens Falls area, known as The Glen at Hiland Meadows. They also offers many social and educational opportunities. Some of our services include:
- ON THE GO Transportation Program provides rides Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm to go to grocery stores, banks, medical appointments, treatment facilities, pharmacies and social events for community members 55+. Will transport within a 25 mile radius of 79 Warren Street, Glens Falls. Transportation is provided free of charge but donations are appreciated.
- ICE MELT is distributed in partnership with local senior centers to assist in the prevention of slips and falls during hazardous winter weather conditions.
- HOUSING DIRECTORY is a valuable resource for individuals and family members when exploring housing options in Warren, Washington, northern Saratoga and Hamilton counties.
- AGING WELL FORUMS are interactive education presentations that are held throughout the year on a variety of topics that pertain to community members 55+, as well as, family members and caregivers. Please check the event section for an updated listing of programs or visit our website www.glensfallshome.org.
- Visit our office on 79 Warren Street in Glens Falls for a variety of community resources.