American Red Cross- Adirondack Saratoga Chapter
The Adirondack Saratoga chapter of the American Red Cross is found locally is Glens Falls NY & Ballston Spa NY. American Red Cross is a nonprofit humanitarian organization that has been providing premier emergency response to people all over the world since 1881. They provide aid to people affected by devastating natural disasters and over the years, they started to empower individuals in the community to prevent, prepare and respond to emergencies.
American Red Cross- Adirondack Saratoga Chapter Locations:
479 Rowland Street
Glens Falls, NY 12801
74 Warren St.
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
American Red Cross is able to achieve their mission by fostering their volunteer network. As a volunteer you could be an Instructor for a Red Cross class, help with community services, perform chapter support, become an administrative assistant or join on of these teams:
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member
- Project Share/ Care & Share Case Workers
- Follow Up Case Workers
But if you can't volunteer, you can always donate blood! Did you know that one pint of your blood could help save up to 3 lives? Blood drives are open to the public, but you must be healthy, at least 17 years old and must weigh a minimum of 110 pounds. You can donate blood every 56 days, and American Red Cross encourages you to do so!
Today American Red Cross also offers 5 other services along with disaster relief:
- Community services that help the needy
- Support and comfort for military members and their families
- The collection processing and distribution of lifesaving blood and blood products
- Educational programs that promote health and safety
- International relief and development programs
If you are interested in getting more involved with helping your community or you just want to better yourself, you can attend any of these Adirondack Saratoga Chapter courses:
- Adult CPR/ AED Training
- Baby Sitter's Training
- Community First Aid and Safety
- Pet First Aid
- CPR Recertification
- Instructor & New Instructor Training
- Lifeguard Training
- Job Injury Control Modules
- Lifeguard Recertification
- "When Seconds Count"
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Training
For more information or questions, please go to our website at http://www.redcrossadirondacksaratoga.org/ or contact our office at 518-792-6546