Since not all of us are able to juggle our jobs and countless other responsibilities AND keep a sparkling home, too, there are professional cleaning companies that come to our rescue! A Plus Cleaning is a local company with professional cleaners that can make any room, home or building so clean you could eat off the floors (not that I recommend doing so).
So when we wanted to know the good, the bad and the dirty, we knew who to ask. A Plus covers a wide span of areas, from Schroon Lake to Clifton Park. We caught up with owner Danielle Rock and asked her to confess some closely guarded secrets about home cleaning.
- What’s the most surprising thing you’ve ever come across while cleaning someone’s home?
Danielle: The most surprising thing we have ever seen is a pet pig! That was interesting trying to clean with a little pig running around.
- What’s your secret for a sparkling bathtub?Danielle: My head supervisor Andrea is my secret. She works her magic, and she sure makes the tubs shine. (Elbow grease is the key!)
- How many cleaners do you work with when cleaning a house?Danielle: We work in groups of 2-4. It depends on the size of the house and how many houses are on that day. We have two crews daily. One does Saratoga and nearby areas while the other crew does Glen Falls/ Queensbury
- Do you ever fall behind on your own housekeeping, or is your home spotless?Danielle: My house is on a weekly schedule. Thank God. I do not have time to do it myself, and it sure is nice to come home to a shiny house.
- Do you have any order when cleaning?Danielle: We do have a system. We start with the upstairs of the house. 1-2 girls start the bathrooms while the other dusts. Then we vacuum, mop and repeat the same downstairs, working our way right out the door.
- What are the most commonly neglected areas you find in clients’ homes?Danielle: The most neglected areas would be baseboards, blinds, door ledges, light fixtures, the tops and behind furniture and appliances.
- Have you ever been hired to clean a haunted house?Danielle: We have never cleaned a haunted house.
- What do you use to get tough stains out of fabric or carpet?Danielle: We shampoo carpets, and if there was just a spot that wouldn’t come up, we use basic carpet cleaner. I am big fan of Carbona.
- Do you offer cleaning services after a party or event?Danielle: We do lots of cleaning / prepping for parties and events, such as birthday parties, weddings, graduations… any kind of event, we can do it.
- Have you ever seen the show “Hoarders” and do you think your team could clean up a house in that disarray?Danielle: I have seen the show, and we have cleaned a house with a very similar problem. It wasn’t nearly as bad as some I have seen on the show, but no matter the condition, we would put our gloves on and clear everything out, saving only what’s important. Then we would start organizing and then begin to clean. We are here to help everyone no matter what the circumstances.
So there you have it…. all the secrets of a professional cleaner (okay, not all of them, but at least a few). We highly recommend A Plus, and they offer free estimates. So whether you need cleaning just once, once a month, bi-weeky or weekly,
Danielle and her team can do what it takes to accommodate your needs. They have
excellent references, friendly services and are fully insured. Learn more…
Is there anything you have always wanted to ask a professional cleaner? Comment below!