The biggest hospital between Albany and Montreal is about to grow even bigger thanks to the New York State Department of Heath’s Statewide Heath Care Facility Transformation Program! Glens Falls Hospital will receive $19.95 million in state funding to build a “Medical Village” on the main hospital campus. This is the most substantial public or private grant in the hospital’s history; the funds will benefit a plethora of patients and have an extremely positive impact on the region.
What is the Medical Village?
The largest Transformation Program grant awarded in the Capital and North Country regions will be put to good use at Glens Falls Hospital’s new “Medical Village”. The Village will be a new medical pavilion built in an effort to bring together a wide variety of outpatient medical services in one location in order to improve accessibility, coordination, and communication for both patients and healthcare providers. It will offer primary care, integrated behavioral health services, urgent care, advanced diagnostics, and specialty detoxification services to support individuals during a substance abuse crisis. In the future, Glens Falls Hospital plans to re-locate its Emergency Department to the new Medical Village pavilion to ensure that there is coordinated care and access to all outpatient services.
Although building designs and the total project cost have not yet been determined, the preliminary plans indicate that the new building will be constructed adjacent to the hospital’s West Entrance.
More About Glens Falls Hospital
Founded in 1897, Glens Falls Hospital has worked to keep the region’s residents healthy for the last 120 years. Glens Falls Hospital maintains a service area that spans 6,000 square miles across 5 counties. Including the main hospital campus where the Medical Village is planned to be built, Glens Falls Hospital features 24 regional facilities for specialty and primary care. The not-for-profit organization is the largest employer in the Adirondack region, with over 2,700 staff and more than 300 affiliated physicians.