Love board games, card games, or role-playing games (RPGs)? Here’s your chance to meet up with other gamers, attend fun events, and raise money for Extra Life and Making Strides Against Cancer. The third annual Adirondacon Tabletop Gaming Convention will be held, for the first time, at the Charles R. Wood Theater in Glens Falls on September 7 and 8.
Guests at Adirondacon 3 can take advantage of an open gaming space with more than 200 games, or sign up to play some of the scheduled games with other attendees. The lineup of events and activities will include:
- a pub-style Harry Potter trivia contest on Saturday afternoon ($5 to attend)
- Whose RPG is it Anyway?, an interactive improv show by Victory Condition Gaming and The Freakopolis Geekery, on Saturday and Sunday ($5 to attend)
- Designer Dungeon Delve, where guests can play games from local designers and earn raffle tickets for each game played
- PitchCar tournament
- Dexterity Olympics
- activity areas with Wizarding/Harry Potter and Lovecraft/Cthulhu themes
- local food vendors
- merchandise and games for sale from Cooper’s Cave Games and Paintball
- door prizes
- raffles benefiting Extra Life, with proceeds going towards the Bernard and Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center
Adirondacon 3’s fundraising goal for Extra Life is $1,500. Attendees can also support Gamers for a Cure, an American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” team.
Tickets for Saturday, September 7 from 10 am to 10 pm cost $20, while tickets for Sunday, September 8 from 11 am to 6 pm are $15. If you’d like to attend both days, you can get a weekend pass for $30. Those who pre-register online will be given commemorative convention dice.
Have kids who are interested in participating? Children under 8 are free, and those 8 to 12 can receive discounted admission for half-price. Students and veterans are also eligible for a 10% discount. All discounted rates must be arranged over the phone or in person at the event.
Adirondacon 3 is presented by First Stall Productions, LLC and Adirondack Tabletop Gamers and Game Developers.