Glens Falls residents are making use of Crandall Park these days, the Crandall Public Library has some news, and there are a few other tidbits to report on. And, scroll to the bottom for in-person and virtual events!
Crandall Park Is Hopping These Days
You can’t drive by Crandall Park lately without seeing ice skaters, walkers, and snow tubers – and cross-country skiers are making use of the nearby trails at Cole’s Woods. Don’t forget that parks are open for your recreation and relaxation in the winter as well!
Your Local Library News
The Crandall Public Library recently highlighted Pam Frazier on their Facebook page, who has worked at the library since September 1980 and is now retiring. She’s especially known for her work with the Children’s and Teen’s departments.
Although the library is primarily curbside pickup right now, starting Tuesday, February 23, they are reopening their Pop-In Library. Ten patrons will be allowed in at one time on Tuesdays from 10am to 6pm and Fridays from 10am to 4pm. Curbside pickup is ongoing and by appointment only on Wednesdays 10am to 6pm, Thursdays 9am to 4:30pm, and Saturdays 10am to 4:30pm.
Make Sure to Stop by The Hyde
Drive-Thru Food Pantry Returns
The Salvation Army of Glens Falls has once again teamed up with the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program to host a drive-thru food pantry at The Great Escape’s rear entrance. It’s this Monday, February 22, from 10am to 1pm. They gave out roughly 1,100 boxes of food at their last drive-thru event, which was in October.
Browse More Winter Happenings & Upcoming Events
- Virtual BOW in the Snow Workshop, Winter Wellness: February 18
- Jazz Night at The Queensbury: Fridays through February
- ATF’s Paint in a Box: through February 20
- Animal Tracking at Pember Nature Preserve: February 20
- Virtual BOW in the Snow Workshop, Ice Fishing: February 25
- Lake George Area Winterfest: weekends through February (Thurs – Sun)
- Warren County Ice Fishing Challenge: all February
- News10 ABC: Salvation Army plans another drive-thru food pantry at The Great Escape