A popular cheese producer has relocated their headquarters, there’s a new trail to explore, and check out more Glens Falls area happenings (including a couple of winter walk recommendations!).
Argyle Cheese Sets Up Shop in Hudson Falls
Argyle Cheese Farmer has settled into their new headquarters at 2358 Burgoyne Avenue in Hudson Falls. You can find traditional and Greek yogurts, hard cheeses, plain and flavored cheese curds, ice creams and gelatos, a variety of baked goods, take-and-bake meals, and frozen pizzas.
Their hours are 8am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 7pm Sunday. They are also still at their processing facility/farm store in Argyle.
Go for a Winter Walk This Weekend (There’s a New Trail Open!)
Meadowbrook Preserve in Queensbury is an excellent option for a winter walk if you’re looking for a not-too-strenuous stroll. The trail system is 1.75 miles and if you opt for the outer red loop you can come to the pictured overlook at Halfway Brook. Wear sturdy, waterproof boots!
Speaking of Halfway Brook, the new Halfway Brook Trail, that goes from the Rush Pond Trail at Aviation Road to Peggy Ann Road and is about 1.5 miles, is now open. Queensbury Recreation recently posted a snowy photo of the hand-built bridge on the trail on their Facebook page.
Salvation Army Receives State Grant
The Salvation Army of Glens Falls has received a $2.5 million state grant to be doled out over a period of five years. The nonprofit looks to either construct a new building or revamp an existing one to offer long-term housing and more to those with mental or other health illnesses. They’re hoping to bring the project to fruition this summer.
Valentine’s Day Happenings
The Shirt Factory is hosting a shopping event where you can pick up pre-ordered flowers and other gifts, and Adirondack Winery is offering a “Sweetheart Tasting Palate” for the week leading up to the holiday.
- Valentine’s Day One Stop Shop at The Shirt Factory: February 5 to 6, and 12 to 13
- Love is in the Air at Adirondack Winery: February 8 to 14
(Please note, the Valentine’s Day dinner at The Queensbury Hotel has sold out.)
Ongoing Winter Events
- Up Yonda Farm Guided Snowshoe Hikes: every Saturday in February
- Crandall Pond Ice Lantern Contest: February 5 – 19
- Thursday Night Winter Racing in Cole’s Woods: Today and Thursday, February 11
- Lake George Area Winterfest: Each Weekend in February
- Warren County Ice Fishing Challenge: All February
A FWH Virtual Event
You may have heard about “The Last of the Mohicans,” a historical fiction book with roots in the Lake George area. If this kind of local history piques your interest, Fort William Henry is doing a Facebook Live event on Saturday, February 6 – Retelling History: The Last of the Mohicans 195th Anniversary.
- Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): Argyle Cheese up & running in HF at former Lewis Super
- The Post Star: Salvation Army of Glens Falls developing supportive housing after receiving state grant.