This week’s roundup for Glens Falls includes a Taste of the North Country event update, a fun summer camp announcement, and more!
News to Know: Event Updates, A New Visitors Center & Library Hours
Taste of the North Country Moves to May 2022
The Glens Falls Kiwanis Club told The Glens Falls Chronicle that they’ve decided to cancel the 2021 Taste of the North Country, which usually takes place in late September or early October. Instead of moving the event to fall of 2022, they have their eyes on May.
With the Adirondack Balloon Festival and the rescheduled Americade events slated to take place the same weekend as the 2021 Taste of the North Country – in conjunction with other COVID-related concerns – event organizers felt it was best to pick a new date.
The food samples pictured above from prior years are a meatball from Massie’s Restaurant, an acai cup with fresh granola from Kelly’s Roots Cafe, and beer mac and cheese from The Grateful Den. We’ll look forward to what event organizers cook up for May 2022!
WACM Announces Summer Camp 2021
The World Awareness Children’s Museum will host four weeks of summer camp through the month of July with options for kids of all ages. Each week has a different theme: Messy Art Camp, Under the Sea Camp, Around the World Camp, and Super Secret Spy Camp. Spaces are limited, so hurry to secure your kid’s spot if you’re interested!
Crandall Park Public Library Expands Hours
As of April 5, the Crandall Public Library has entered phase III of their reopening plan, which includes extended hours. The Library is now open for browsing Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am to 7pm, and Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
Whipple City Festival Meeting Coming Up
The committee behind the annual Whipple City Festival in Greenwich is hosting a meeting on April 14. If you’re interested in helping to plan this year’s festival, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events to Get Excited About
Here’s what’s going on in the region:
- Inside/Out Exhibit: April 9 – 17
- Boating Safety Certification Course From SUNY Adirondack: April 10
- Paint Your Own Porch Leaner With Walkers: April 10
- Tri-County Literacy Challenge: Historic Scavenger Hunt: through April 11
- Dinner & A Movie: Knives Out at The Park Theater: April 14
- Virtual Mixer: Spring Hiking Tips With Hike With Jackson: April 15
- Virtual Family Trivia Night With WACM: April 16
- Cheers to the Years! Adirondack Winery’s Anniversary: April 16 – 18
- Spring is Sweet, April Maple at The Shirt Factory: April 17
- The Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): No 2021 ‘Taste’; GF Kiwanis shifts plan to May 2022