Check out updates from the Glens Falls Farmers Market, Queensbury Hotel, The Shirt Factory, and more, and then scroll to the bottom for upcoming events.
Newsy Tidbits to Know Around Glens Falls
Glens Falls Farmers Market Awarded $20,000 in Double Up Food Bucks
This is exciting – the Glens Falls Farmers Market has received $20,000 Double Up Food Bucks from Field & Fork Network’s Double Up NY for the 2021 July to October market season. This program doubles the value of federal nutrition assistance dollars spent at the market.
Low-income customers can eat more healthy foods, local farmers can gain new customers, and these food dollars stay in the Glens Falls community.
Park Patio Summer Series Returns to The Queensbury Hotel
The Queensbury Hotel has revealed their 2021 lineup for the Park Patio series, set to take place every Wednesday from June 2 to September 1. The first performer is Tim Rodrigue, who was one of the performers last year, and has played at other area hotspots.
Please Mask Up at The Shirt Factory’s Food Truck Event
The Shirt Factory posted on Facebook yesterday that they are still waiting for guidance from the City with regards to a mask policy at their weekly Food Truck Corral which starts today, May 20. Therefore, they’re asking guests to mask up in the meantime.
The City did okay fully vaccinated vendors to opt out of mask-wearing at the event; the event organizer will be verifying those vaccinations. Also, guests do not need to wear a mask when seated at a table, which they have plenty of!
Your Crandall Park Splash Pad Construction Update
The Crandall Park Facebook page reports that the grand opening for the splash pad at Crandall Park will now be the first of week of June instead of Memorial Day Weekend, which is still impressive given the volume of the project! The above photo is from May 18. Stay tuned for more updates.
By the way, there are still spots open for the upcoming Disc Golf Tournament.
First Phase of Accessible Playground Complete in Moreau
Speaking of outdoor fun at parks for kids, The Post Star reported on an accessible playground built in Moreau. The project has been a long time coming – it’s been in the works for about eight years – and includes racing zip lines, a four-person sway swing, and a spray park.
The playground turned out smaller than the initial design to keep within budget, and to be able to include the spray park. Families hope a wheelchair swing will be added later; Town Supervisor said this is only the first phase.
Upcoming Events You’ll Want to Check Out
Here’s what else is going on…
- Food Truck Friday at the Washington County Fair: May 21 (and other dates)
- Lake George Community Garden Club 2021 Perennial Plant Sale: May 21 & 22
- Cambridge Valley Fine Art Tour: May 22 & 23
- Kids Exchange Consignment Sale at Chase Sports Complex: May 22 & 23
- Author on the Porch at The Book Cabin: May 22
- Craft & Sip With Crafted at The Shirt Factory: May 22
- Hike for Hope: Cody’s Climb at Prospect Mountain: May 23
- Egg Cartons Turtle Craft at WACM: May 23
- Preschool Story Time in City Park: May 25
- National Wine Week & Memorial Day Weekend at Adirondack Winery: May 25 – 31
- The Post Star: Moreau accessible playground done, but families want more.