The disc golf course at Crandall Park will see its first professional tournament this weekend (and a non-professional one)! There’s another update with a Crandall Park attraction, and more upcoming events and Glens Falls news to know.
Check Out Events In & Near Glens Falls
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Learn More About CDPHP Cycle! at Sprinkles Ice Cream Shoppe: June 10
- Food Truck Fridays at Washington County Fair: June 11 (and other dates)
- Disc Golf Tournaments at Crandall Park: June 12 & 13
- Sleeping Beauty Veterans Hike: June 12
- Slate Valley Flea Market: June 12
- Drive-In Family Circus at Washington County Fairgrounds: June 12
- Flag Day & 35th Anniversary at Parks-Bentley Place: June 12
- Pember Nature Preserve Programs & Walks – Bird Migration: June 13
- Queensbury Senior Citizens First Golf Tournament: June 14
- Ideal Dairy Farm & Argyle Cheese Processing Plant & Store Tour: June 15
- LARAC Community Arts Grantee Celebration: June 17
This Week’s Newsy Tidbits: Splash Pad Update & More
The Crandall Park Splash Pad Opens, Closes
The new splash pad opened on Saturday, June 5, when temperatures reached into the low 90s. Unfortunately, it has been temporarily closed due to a flooding issue. The Crandall Park Beautification Committee has someone working on the problem and they hope to have the splash pad up and running again this weekend.
WACM Hosts Annual International Cuisine Festival
The World Awareness Children’s Museum will host their 31st annual International Cuisine Festival at the Lake George Festival Commons this Sunday, June 13. This is a family-friendly, gala-style event with incredible food, raffle and silent auction proceeds, and more fun that all benefits museum programs.
Rock Hill Bakehouse Takes on Books, Records
The forces behind the Rock Hill Bakehouse have opened the Bookhouse and Sweetside Records, a bookstore and record store in one that’s just around the corner from the bakery at The Shirt Factory. Stop by today while you’re at the Thursday Food Truck Corral! (They’ll be open until 8pm.)
North Country Arts to Open Gallery at The Shirt Factory
Speaking of The Shirt Factory, North Country Arts has joined the many artists who call the historic building home. The nonprofit organization is hosting a grand opening event for their new gallery on Saturday, June 12, from 5pm to 7pm.
They’ll be showcasing their new exhibition, which will highlight an assortment of great pieces from local artists, and will run from June 12 to August 14. The above is Sundew Garden by Phyllis Brown.
The Glens Falls Mystery Chair Is Gone
News10 ABC reporter Jay Petrequin tweeted today that the mystery chair with the painting of a little girl is now gone from City Park. He spoke to a few people who said it was the artist who took it away, so fortunately it appears not to have been stolen.