The Food Truck Corral and Fourth of July fireworks aren’t the only fun events coming up. Check out the return of Take a Bite next week and see what else is happening in the Glens Falls region!
Food-Filled Events, Fourth of July Fireworks & More Fun Happenings
Get the details on what’s coming up:
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: July 1 (and other dates)
- Books, Bootleggers & Barbecue at Hicks Orchard: July 1
- Lake George Community Band Concert: July 1
- Summer Concert Series in Crandall Park – Let’s Be Leonard: July 2
- Food Truck Fridays at the Washington County Fair: July 2
- Evening Ice Cream Social & Cherry/Blueberry Picking at Hicks Orchard: July 3 (and other dates)
- Coca-Cola July 4th Fest at The Great Escape: July 3 & 4
- Reading the Declaration of Independence at Fort William Henry: July 3 & 4
- Fireworks at Shepard’s Park Over Lake George: July 4
- Lake George Land Conservancy Hike-A-Thon: July 5
- Fireworks Cruises With the Lake George Steamboat Company: July 8 (and other dates)
- The Candy Space Grand Opening: July 8
- Chapman Museum Presentation on Archeology Dig at Wiawaka House: July 8
- Summerland Music Society Presents Sherlock Jr. at The Park Theater: July 8
News to Know With Downtown Glens Falls, the Kids Museum & Adirondack Thunder
Take a Bite Returns to Downtown Next Week!
Take a Bite starts back up on Wednesday, July 7! Don’t miss out on delicious food, live music, and the family-friendly summer vibes of downtown Glens Falls. The event will run through August 25.
Downtown Businesses Receive Loans
Speaking of downtown, the Post Star reports that the City recently awarded deferred loans to eight local business entrepreneurs that totals $235,000. This is part of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative, and the program was only open to those seeking to create a new business or expand one that was started within the last five years in the City’s targeted area.
Big News From Glens Falls’ Favorite Children’s Museum
The World Awareness Children’s Museum will reopen their doors to the public Saturday, July 10, when they’ll be holding a Grand Reopening Celebration. Come check out their new exhibit Thailand: Beauty & Beasts!
Free days will be offered July 10, 11, 17, and 18, from 10am to 3pm; regular priced admission will be July 24, 25, and 31, same times.
Adirondack Thunder Signs Multi-Year Affiliation Agreement
The Adirondack Thunder announced they’ve signed a multi-year extension that holds onto their affiliation agreement with the National Hockey League’s New Jersey Devils. Under this arrangement, the Thunder gain the Utica Comets as their American Hockey League affiliate. This is the fifth season the Thunder and Devils have teamed up.
- The Post Star: Glens Falls awards business loans under DRI program