We’ve got the latest on Adirondack Theatre Festival shows, other plays and live entertainment happening in the area, and a scavenger hunt-style challenge you can do in Glens Falls.
Upcoming Events in Glens Falls to Put On Your Calendar
Check out what’s in store:
- Free Movie at The Strand – Jaws: July 22
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: July 22 (and other dates)
- ATF – Cinderella Goes Disco: through July 22 – 30
- Lake George Community Band Concert & Thursday Night Fireworks: July 22 (and other dates)
- Concerts in Crandall Park – The Sea The Sea: July 23
- Food Truck Fridays at the Washington County Fair: July 23 (and other dates)
- Next to Normal at Fort Salem Theater: July 23 – August 1
- Glens Falls Symphony Summer Concert & Fireworks: July 24
- Chuck Allen Memorial Pickleball Tournament: July 24 & 25
- Aquanett: Rockin’ Music Cruise Series with the Lake George Steamboat Company: July 24 & 25
- Farm to Fork Bike Tour in Salem: July 24 – 26
- Pember Nature Preserve Programs & Walks – Marsh Walk: July 25
- ATF – Minding Miss Mae Mae: July 25 & 26
- GFCT Family Theatre in the Park – Miss Nelson is Missing!: July 27
- Books on Carts in the Park with the Crandall Public Library: July 28
- Take a Bite: July 28 (and other dates)
A Sensational ATF Production, A Scavenger Hunt Challenge & A Housing Project Update
ATF’s Slow Food is Entertaining Audiences Through July
It’s not too late to get Slow Food tickets, being performed now through July 31 at the Charles R. Wood Theater. The production stars three seasoned Broadway, TV, and film actors who have previously performed with the Adirondack Theatre Festival, including two-time Tony® nominee Joanna Day, Tyrone Mitchell Henderson, and David Beach.
Slow Food is 90 minutes long with no intermission. The comedy showcases a vacationing couple at a restaurant for their anniversary with a wacky waiter who has them questioning everything from the food to their marriage. Two other ATF shows are coming up as well, listed above in the events section.
And reminder: There’s free children’s theater in Crandall Park every Tuesday at 6:30pm through August!
There’s a New History Challenge From The Chapman
The Chapman Museum has initiated a fun scavenger hunt-style challenge where you complete 20 of 35 “missions.” After you visit mission location you record the date and any comments about it (and ideally share a photo on social media). You choose where to go, as long as you make The Chapman Museum your final stop.
Major Affordable Housing Development Project is Now Complete
Broad Street Commons, a supportive housing development project in Glens Falls that cost $19 million, is now complete with 75 apartments, and includes support services like a daycare. The apartments will be available to households that earn at or below 80% of the area median income.
- News10 ABC: $19M affordable housing development in Glens Falls completed