Festival fun, fireworks, theater productions, and more – get your Glens Falls news and events below, including more “little free libraries” around the City.
The LARAC June Arts Festival Returns (Yes, in August!) & More Weekend Happenings
The LARAC June Arts Festival, as the name suggests, typically takes place a few months earlier, but has been rescheduled to August 14 and 15. So, we can look forward to original art for sale, food vendors, and more in Glens Falls City Park this weekend! Here’s what else is coming up:
- Schoolapalooza: August 12
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: August 12 (and other dates)
- Thursday Night Fireworks in Lake George: August 12 (and other dates)
- Art in the Public Eye Friday Night Movies – Moana: August 13
- Gymkhana Under the Lights at Washington County Fairgrounds: August 13 (and other dates)
- Lake George BBQ & Blues Festival: August 13 – 15
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – Traffic & Weather: through August 14
- The Artists View at The Shirt Factory: through August 14
- Huge Summer Barn Sale at Little Theater on the Farm: through August 14
- Whipple City 5K & 10K in Greenwich: August 14
- Music on the Hill at Salem Art Works: August 14
- Hartford Town-wide Garage Sale: August 14 & 15
3 Newsy Highlights to Know: Balloon Fest, Free Libraries & Original Ninja Turtle Art
An Adirondack Balloon Festival Update
If you haven’t heard, there are major changes for the annual Adirondack Balloon Festival this September 23 to 26. Although the event has been scaled back some (no vendors, kids activities, or the Open Door breakfast this year, for example) there’s still plenty to be excited about.
“Due to COVID, we had to totally reinvent the festival this year,” Mark Donahue, President of the Adirondack Balloon Festival’s Board of Directors, said in a statement. “We are excited to bring back the joy of the mass ascensions, while keeping safe and still having fun. Our group of volunteer organizers has been working around the clock to make this happen, as we know how much it means to the community.”
There Are More Little Free Libraries Around Glens Falls
You may have checked out Little Free Libraries from the Ben Osborne Memorial Fund at local parks like Hovey Pond Park and Moreau Recreational Park. But now, there are more free libraries, some with just kids books, some with kids and adults, around Glens Falls, as announced by Glens Falls Living.
The above free libraries are at 31 Lincoln Avenue and 13 Smith Street, respectively. You can check out the addresses of the others here: https://www.glensfallsliving.com/blog/little-free-library-glens-falls
Attention Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fans!
The Shirt Factory recently posted that Jim Lawson, one of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles illustrators, has generously donated an original piece that will be auctioned off to raise money for the Abraham Wing’s school playground fund. More details on this will be announced soon.
Follow The Shirt Factory on Facebook to stay updated, and you can check out the post and piece here: https://www.facebook.com/shirtfactory/posts/10161530325119517