We’re starting to see the beginning of foliage in the region, and fall fun is happening now! Find out what’s going on in and around Glens Falls below, including details on the next Haunted House Contest from Glens Falls Collaborative.
Check Out Upcoming Events to Suit Everyone in the Glens Falls Region
Here’s what’s going on this week into next:
- Jazz at the Lake – Lake George Jazz Weekend: September 17 – 19
- Lake George Fall Restaurant Week: through September 18
- Mum Festival at Binley Florist: September 18
- Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day at WACM: September 18 (get into the museum free!)
- Whiskey River at Hicks Orchard: September 18
- Spirited Historical House Tour at the Old Fort House Museum: September 18 (and other dates)
- Stand Up Comedy Night at the Fort Edward Comedy House: September 18
- High Peaks Bluegrass Band at Little Theater on the Farm: September 19
- Buyer & Cellar at the Charles R. Wood Theatre: through September 19
- Americade in Lake George: September 21 – 25
- Halfway Brook Talk at Chapman Museum – Small Stream, Big Story: September 22
- Virtual Gypsy Moth Education Session From Warren County: September 23
- Adirondack Balloon Festival: September 23 – 26
Apple Season, Disc Golf Tournament & Halloween Fun Around the Corner
It’s (Early Season) Apple Time in the North Country! Here’s Where to Go
Is there anything that signifies the end of summer and the beginning of fall more than apple picking? Local orchards are starting to pipe up on Facebook that they’re ready (or almost ready!) for you.
Open for the season now:
- Apple Hill Orchard in Whitehall
- Fairview Orchard in Whitehall
- Hicks Orchard in Granville
- McWhorter’s Orchard in Argyle
- Billy Bob’s Orchard in Putnam Station opens September 25
Visit each orchard’s Facebook page to get details on hours and varieties currently offered.
Get the Latest on Tomorrow’s Disc Golf Tournament in Crandall Park
A Disc Golf Tournament to benefit the Edward M. Bartholomew, Jr. Memorial Fund will take place tomorrow, September 17, at Crandall Park. The beneficiary was established this year by EDC Warren County and the Bartholomew family to honor the EDC’s former President and Glens Falls’ former Mayor.
Proceeds from the fund go towards paid internships for students, veterans, and people with differing abilities at nonprofits and small businesses in Warren County.
You can register here but hurry because registration closes tonight, September 16 at 8pm: https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Edward_M_Bartholomew_Jr_Fund_Event_2021
Registration Is Open Now for the Halloween House Contest
The Glens Falls Collaborative is bringing back the Halloween House Contest! Registration is open now for City residents to decorate their homes for the season. Only Glens Falls residents are eligible, decorations are asked to be PG-13, and decorations only count if they are outside in the yard or inside the house but visible from the street.
The display and voting period will be from October 1 through midnight on October 29. The winner will be announced via Facebook Live on the Downtown Glens Falls Facebook page, and in-person at Boo2You at the bandstand at 3:50pm.
Registration closes on September 26: https://form.jotform.com/212556185874162
Adirondack Thunder Announces Preseason Schedule
The Adirondack Thunder has a “home-and-home” preseason series against the Reading Royals. The Royals will play here in Glens Falls on October 15, and then the Thunder will play against them again in Reading, PA, on October 16. Then, their official opening night is October 23 against the Newfoundland Growlers.
Find ticket options here: https://www.echlthunder.com/en/tickets
Ceremony Held for Upcoming Park Renovations in Hudson Falls
A ceremony was held yesterday, September 15, at Moran Derby Park in Hudson Falls to commemorate upcoming improvements to the six-acre park. Brothers Brien and Mike Moran donated $500,000 to the nonprofit Derby Park Foundation, who in turn will have the park significantly upgraded into a community athletic complex and festival space. Construction is expected to be complete by spring of 2022.
- The Post Star: Public invited to attend groundbreaking for Moran-Derby Park in Hudson Falls