From things to do this weekend to fall fun coming up, get the latest on what’s happening around Glens Falls!
Events Taking Place Now Through Next Week In & Near Glens Falls
Preseason hockey, fun with trains, fall festivals, a film festival, and more is going on around Glens Falls:
- Adirondack Thunder VS Reading Royals: October 15
- Fright Fest at Great Escape: October 15 – 17 (and other dates)
- Adirondack Brewery’s Oktoberfest: October 16
- Upstate Model Railroaders Open House in South Glens Falls: October 16
- Queensbury Senior Citizens Craft Fair: October 16
- Adirondack Winery’s Uncork & Craft at Queensbury Location: October 16
- Whiskey River Band at Hicks Orchard: October 16
- 4th Annual Chip & Sip Food Drive & Chili Cookoff in Greenwich: October 16
- Adirondack Film Festival (in Glens Falls and virtual): through October 17
- Willard Mountain Fall Festival: October 17
- Car Show in Greenwich: October 17
- Omega Trio at The Hyde Collection: October 17
- Movies at The Chapman – Little Shop of Horrors: October 20
- Third Thursday Jazz at The Park Theater: October 21
Your Glens Falls News to Know About
2 Updates With Festive Area Events
The first-ever Apple VS Pumpkin Throwdown at The Shirt Factory has been rescheduled from this weekend to next, October 23, due to the weather forecast. This means if you’d been toying with the idea of entering a carved pumpkin into their contest, you have more time to get your design ready!
And, we’re getting excited for Boo 2 You, especially since other annual Glens Falls events were cancelled or postponed due to COVID this year. Fliers have been popping up around town depicting what we can expect at the frightfully good event, including the spooky dance performances, which are always awesome.
Just this morning the Glens Falls Collaborative sent out an email asking for organizations to donate funds for candy, and/or volunteers for the event. Tasks would include setup, breakdown, handing out candy, participating as a crossing guard, helping at activities, and directing people with questions.
Get more details on how to donate to or volunteer at the event: https://form.jotform.com/212855972147161
New Virtual Sports Facility Opens in Queensbury
The Luxury Box opened today, October 15, on Route 9 in Queensbury. This is a state-of-the-art virtual sports center where guests can play sports like golf, soccer, baseball, hockey, frisbee golf, foot golf, bowling, and dodgeball. You can also watch sporting events. Pick up a copy of this week’s Glens Falls Chronicle to use a $10 coupon, and find The Luxury Box on Facebook to learn more.
The Special Olympics Needs Volunteers
Speaking of the Chronicle, the local paper reports that Special Olympics New York is looking for 200 volunteers for the upcoming State Fall Games, to be held in and around Glens Falls on October 22 and 23. Volunteers are required to be vaccinated and registered in advance. No sports experience is necessary.
For more info: https://www.specialolympics-ny.org/news/fall-games-volunteer/
- Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): Special Olympics call for 200 volunteers