Check out events going on around Glens Falls from now through New Year’s! And, read up on the latest local news to see what’s happening with Crandall Park and a trail connecting Moreau to Glens Falls.
Holiday Happenings From Now Through New Year’s
- Holiday Lighted Nights in Greenwich: through December 23
- Gingerbread Man Craft at WACM: December 24
- Lake George Winterfest: December 27 – March 11
- Snowman Handprint Craft: December 30
- Holiday Festival of Lights in Lake George: through December 31
- New Year’s Eve Dinner & Comedy Show at The Park Theater: December 31
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Hudson Falls: December 31
- NYE With The Other Guys at The Grateful Den: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at Broadway Lanes: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at The Queensbury Hotel: December 31
- New Year’s Day Frostbite Cruise on Lake George: January 1
Parks, Trails & Christmastime News Around Glens Falls
New Soccer Goals Coming to Crandall Park
The Common Roots Foundation, a nonprofit that was born from the Common Roots Brewing Company’s devastating 2019 fire, has issued their first grant to five lucky recipients. One of them is to the Crandall Park Beautification Committee.
The organization posted on Monday about how they plan to use the money to purchase new soccer goals that will be lighter, easier to move, and structurally sound.
A New Trail is in the Works to Connect Glens Falls & Moreau
According to News 10 ABC, the Town of Moreau has been eying “Big Boom Trail” for years, and now has the funding to make it happen. The trail will be constructed with a trailhead at the end of Nolan Road, which is along the Hudson River. From there, the trail will run just over a mile long, along the riverside, passing under the I-87 bridge. The project should start in the spring.
You can see the (very comprehensive) plan here: https://www.townofmoreau.org/pdf/1%20Big%20Boom%20Trail%20Concept%20Plan.pdf
Christmas Meal at The Open Door Mission
The homeless can’t go home for the holidays, and that’s why The Open Door Mission is hosting their annual Christmas dinner. It’s today, December 23, from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at their new, larger dining space at 226 Warren Street. Santa will be in attendance.
“All of us have experienced isolation and loneliness throughout the pandemic – those experiencing poverty and homelessness even more so,” President and CEO Kim Cook said in a statement. “It’s important that they have places of safety and warmth, and to find glimmers of hope in their lives.”
Glens Falls Holiday House Contest Closes Early
The Glens Falls Collaborative posted on their website that the Holiday House Contest closed early on December 20 at 6:45pm, due to “misuse of the voting form.” Winners will be announced on their Facebook page at Downtown Glens Falls on New Year’s Day and contacted thereafter. They will be disqualifying any votes cast with a fake email account.
You can of course, still drive around enjoy the festive lights! Here’s the map: https://glensfallscollaborative.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2021-Holiday-House-map.pdf
- News 10 ABC: A new trail along the Hudson River set to break ground next spring in Moreau