Festive fun this weekend includes Granville’s Lighted Tractor Parade, the Nutcracker Ballet, a holiday-themed comedy show, and more. Keep reading to find out what’s happening in and around Glens Falls!
Lighted Tractors, Holiday Performances & More Around Glens Falls
The holiday fun (and shopping!) continues. Here’s what’s going on:
- Ladies Night at LARAC: December 9
- Yappy Hour at 42 Degrees Tavern: December 9
- Candlelight Tours at The Hyde: December 9 & 16
- Ha-Ha-Holiday Comedy Show in Lake George: December 10
- Granville’s 4th Annual Lighted Tractor Parade: December 10
- Adirondack Thunder VS Reading Royals: December 10
- Holiday Open House at the Shirt Factory: December 11 & 12
- The Nutcracker Ballet at the Charles R. Wood Theater: December 11 & 12
- Glens Falls Symphony Holiday Pops at SUNY Adirondack: December 12
- Adirondack Thunder VS Reading Royals: December 12
- Movies at the Chapman – It’s a Wonderful Life: December 15
- Holiday Lighted Nights in Greenwich: through December 23
- Holiday Festival of Lights in Lake George: through December 31
Finish Up Holiday Shopping
Did you know that as of Saturday there are only two weeks left until Christmas? Better get that shopping done, especially if you’re ordering online! In addition to the Holiday Open House at the Shirt Factory listed above, we have some great options in the North Country Holiday Gift Guide.
Holiday Cheer, Heated Outdoor Dining & More
Walk By, Drive By, or Donate to Lights on Cedar
Did you know? The residence at 18 Cedar Lane in Gansevoort is putting on a Christmas Music Light Show daily from 6pm to 8;30pm. They have over 15,000 individually addressable LED pixel lights, a 24′ megatree, singing props, and it’s all sequenced to popular, upbeat Christmas songs lasting about 40 minutes on a loop. Drivers should tune in to 95.3FM to listen along; they’re also using outdoor speakers on weekends.
The holiday light show is supporting two charities, The Toys for Girls and Boys and the Kindness Closet at Tanglewood School. You can donate at the Gingerbread Donation House in front of the residence, or online at lightsoncedar.remotefalcon.com/remoteFalcon. Keep up to date with them on Facebook at Lights on Cedar.
Don’t Forget to Get Your Letters to Santa In
Reminder that there’s a Letters to Santa box outside Glens Falls City Hall. Have your kids write out their wishes (or help them out) and put in those requests to the big guy.
Heated Porches & Igloo Dining
Morgan & Co told the Glens Falls Chronicle that their porch is heated and will remain so all winter. It’s insulated and can get up to 70 degrees F. Similarly, the Queensbury Hotel is once again offering igloo dining, for another unique outdoor dining experience this season.
Glens Falls’ First Gobble Wobble Brings in the Bucks
Open Door Mission raised about $18,000 for the first-ever Gobble Wobble 5K that took place on Thanksgiving, reports News 10 ABC. That equates to over 800 nights of shelter, meals, and showers for homeless individuals. Approximately 787 people ran, 150 of which registered that day.