It was cancelled last year, but the Glens Falls/Queensbury Memorial Day Parade will return on Monday! See what else is going on around the area below.
Memorial Day Happenings & More Events
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: May 26 (and other dates)
- South Glens Falls Memorial Day Parade: May 27
- Greenwich Memorial Day Parade: May 27
- Comedy After Dark at the Park with Adam Mamawala: May 27
- Lake George Memorial Day Parade: May 28
- Battenkill Runs Through It River Festival: May 28
- Memorial Meltdown at Charles R Wood Park: May 28 & 29
- Eric Andersen at The Strand Theater: May 29
- Glens Falls/Queensbury Memorial Day Parade: May 30
- Memorial Day Ceremony at Battlefield Park: May 30
- Memorial Day Ceremonies – Hudson Falls/Kingsbury: May 30
- Family Craft Program – Rainbows for Pride at The Chapman: June 1
Your Quick News Around Glens Falls
Get Your Gurney Lane Pool Pass Now
Queensbury Parks & Rec is offering a discount on Gurney Lane pool passes – get $25 off a family pass or $10 off an individual pass if you purchase before June 1.
You can see the pricing breakout and other details here: https://queensburyny.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29949
42 Degrees Tavern & Rude Betty Are Temporarily Closed
42 Degrees Tavern is closed for renovations from today, May 26, through June 1. They will be back with live music and open mic nights soon!
Rude Betty, however, has been closed for over a month now as they move from their Exchange Street location to Glen Street. A sign outside the new place indicates they’ll reopen in the fall.
South Glens Falls to Welcome Professional Women’s Bowling
According to Foothills Business Daily, the Professional Women’s Bowling Association will be hosting the 2022 US Women’s Open at Kingpin’s Alley in South Glens Falls from June 14 through 21. The event will be broadcast live on CBS Sports and the winner receives $60,000. This is the first time the tournament has been held in this state since 1973, when it took place in Rochester.
A “Bowl With the Pros” night will take place on June 14, when anyone (anyone! no skills needed) can try their hand bowling against the professionals.
You can find out more here: https://kingpinsalley.com/leagues/tournaments/pwba-us-womens-open/
Downtown Social Reopens After Car Drives Through Window
Last Saturday a vehicle operated by a driver reportedly experiencing some kind of medical condition made its way from Centennial Circle through Downtown Social’s window. It was late morning, before the restaurant had opened up, and no one was injured during the accident; the driver and passenger were taken to Glens Falls Hospital.
Downtown Social stayed closed to deal with repairs and announced via Facebook that they’d open at 5pm that evening. The post thanked patrons for their concerns and emphasized no staff were injured.
- The Post Star: Vehicle drives into window at Downtown Social restaurant