The Glens Falls Symphony brings back its annual Independence Day celebration in Crandall Park this weekend, and there’s much more to report on – including a special Take a Bite event next month.
Fourth of July Fun & More Glens Falls Region Events
Here’s what’s happening:
- Pints 4 Pints Community Blood Drive: June 30
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: June 30
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Oneonta Outlaws: June 30
- Let’s Be Dead at the Crandall Park Bandshell: July 1
- An Afternoon With Elvis at Little Theater on the Farm: July 2
- Strand Summer Slam at the Charles R. Wood Theater: July 2 & 3
- Glens Falls Symphony Summer Pops Concert & Fireworks: July 3
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Albany Dutchmen: July 3
- July 4th Parade & BBQ in Argyle: July 4
- Open Door Mission July 4 BBQ: July 4
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Washington County Fairgrounds: July 4
- Lake George 4th of July Fireworks: July 4
- Lake George Land Conservancy Hike-a-Thon: July 5
- Family Craft Program at The Chapman – Shaken Ice Cream: July 6
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Auburn Doubledays: July 6
- Take a Bite: July 6 (first one for the season!)
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – The Hobbit: July 6 – 10
- Comedy Open Mic Night at 42 Degrees: July 7
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Utica Blue Sox: July 7
Bikes, Bites & News in the Arts World
Enjoy Short-Term Bike Lanes & Ride Your Bike to Take a Bite on July 13
Biking and food come together in a wonderful way (maybe just don’t eat while you’re biking…) with Take a Bike to Take a Bite. On July 13’s Take a Bite there will be a first-ever “bike lane takeover event.” Bring your own bike, or check out the CDPHP Cycle bikes available to rent.
Temporary bike lanes will be added, there will be bike-related booths at the event, and you can be entered into a raffle for bike related prizes from local businesses.
Operation Santa Claus Takes Home $5,000 From Football Player Meet-and-Greet
New York Jets legend Wayne Chrebet recently made an appearance for a good cause at 40 Oak Classic American Grille in Queensbury, chatting and taking photos with fans. Approximately $5,000 was raised for Hudson Falls-based Operation Santa Claus, the restaurant recently announced on Facebook.
The nonprofit works to provide gifts, food, and clothing for disadvantaged children in Warren, Washington, Northern Saratoga, Essex, and Hamilton Counties during the holiday season.
The Hyde Collection Showcases Bolton Landing Sculptor for 60th Anniversary
In honor of The Hyde Collection turning 60 in 2023, the art museum and historic house will showcase an exhibition titled Songs on the Horizon: David Smith, Music, and Dance.
The project is the first exhibition to focus specifically on the impact music and dance had on Smith’s work in sculpture, painting, and drawing. The exhibition will comprise 25 loans from private and public collections, the Estate of David Smith, and from other sources, and we can look forward to its opening in late June, 2023.
David Smith, who passed away in Vermont in May of 1965, was known for welding steel into impressive geometric sculptures, as well as for his paintings and drawings that depict the style of Abstract Impressionism.
The Park Theater Has Launched Its Own Podcast
The Park Theater has announced a new podcast called The Park Presents, available on Anchor and Spotify. Their latest episode, which dropped this past Monday, included Let’s Be Dead (formerly Let’s Be Leonard); they’re interviewing acts playing in the Crandall Park summer music series ahead of their performances.