GEM Fest is this weekend! See what else is happening in and around Glens Falls, and catch up on four news tidbits to know about, including an outdoor cinema series.
Fun for Foodies, Kids, Music-Lovers & Theater-Goers
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Thursday Food Truck Corral at The Shirt Factory: July 7
- Comedy Open Mic Night at 42 Degrees Tavern: July 7
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Utica Blue Sox: July 7
- Lake George Community Band & Fireworks: July 7
- Frozen Family Fun at Glens Falls City Park: July 8
- Outdoor Cinema Presents – Paw Patrol: July 8
- GEM Festival at The Shirt Factory: July 9
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Adirondack Trail Blazers: July 9
- Free Day at World Awareness Children’s Museum: July 10
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Saugerties Stallions: July 10
- Glens Falls City Band at Glens Falls City Park: July 11
- Take a Bike to Take a Bite: July 13
- Glens Falls Dragons VS Saugerties Stallions: July 13
- Adirondack Greek Festival in South Glens Falls: July 14 – 16
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – The Hobbit: through July 17
Movies, Bikes, a Letterboxing Challenge & a Construction Update
The Outdoor Cinema Series Starts Tomorrow in Glens Falls
Enjoy free, family-friendly films in Glens Falls City Park thanks to sponsors like Events To a T, the Glens Falls Collaborative, Queensbury Hotel, and several other local organizations. Every Friday from July 8 through August 26, patrons can enjoy movies like Sing 2 and The Mitchells VS the Machines. Paw Patrol is the first up. Bring a chair or blanket!
2 Glens Falls Residents Look at Connecting Bike Routes
The Post Star reports that Glens Falls residents Norabelle Greenberger and Ethan Gaddy plan to present a possible network of safe bike routes throughout Glens Falls at Take a Bike to Take a Bite, happening this coming Wednesday. People will be able to bike in temporary lanes on Glen Street, Maple Street, Bay Road, Ridge Street, and Washington Street.
These bike routes are only part of the bike enthusiasts’ plans. The two are aiming to make Glens Falls more bike-able to encourage biking as a regular mode of transportation, and to clear up misinformation about bike infrastructure (like that parking spots will disappear if bike lanes are added).
Warren County Announces History-Themed Letterboxing Challenge
This year’s letterboxing challenge from Warren County takes participants to 13 different historic sites throughout the county. Every town, and the City of Glens Falls, in the county is included. Letterboxing includes orienteering, art, and puzzle-solving to work out a riddle and discover hidden treasures.
You can pick up a Warren County Historian Challenge Letterboxing passport at an area Visitors Center or Chamber of Commerce to get started.
The Queensbury Hotel Inches Closer to Construction Completion
The Queensbury Hotel posted today that “any day now” the new Adirondack Room and renovated Warren Room will be complete. There will be a Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening for the exciting new event and meeting space on July 21.