You may have seen the electrical boxes and other public art that has been making its creative presence known around the City. The Arts District of Glens Falls has put a call out for a second round of artists to create public art on three more electrical boxes!
Proposals must include:
- Artist’s resume with contact information
- List of artist’s public art experience, including photos of completed public art
- Up to 20 photos of their work (does not have to the public art, at least 1,000 px by 1,000 px)
- Sketch(es) of public art concepts for the electrical box that includes all sides of the box
- The artist’s signature as it would appear on the box
Interested artists must email, mail, or hand deliver proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, or World Awareness Children’s Museum, Attn: Bethanie Lawrence, 89 Warren Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801. The deadline is September 21, 2022 by 4pm. Final box assignments will be determined by the ADGF Public Art Committee.
The artists will be awarded by Monday, October 3, 2022, and the painting must be completed by Monday, October 31, 2022.
Artists will receive $750 for the project – 50% before completion, and 50% after.
Visit artsdistrictgf.com/public-art for examples of completed electric boxes.
And, electrical boxes aren’t the only structures in the City being beautified – check out this mural by Centennial Circle:
Good luck to the artists who apply!