"Learn, Share, and Create with LARAC; we are the entry point to arts and culture in the lower Adirondack Region. LARAC, is open Tuesday- Saturday 10am-3pm, located in Downtown Glens Falls, next to beautiful City Park, behind City Hall"
LARAC is open to the public and offers arts activties and services year-round:
- Lapham Gallery, hosts 7 Fine Art Exhibitions a year of local, regional, and national talent. Exhibits run for 4 weeks, the gallery interior is stunning with just the right amount of architectural detail and exceptional lighting.
- LARAC Gift Shop, sells handmade goods created by local and regional artisans. LARAC Members receive a 10% discount on purchases. The Holiday Shop is a special festive boutique, taking place in Lapham Galley, November- December.
- Arts Events and Workshops such as Potluck Dinners, Opening Receptions, 'How to' Workshops, and Workshops for Artists and Not for Profits, etc.
- Hosts two Juried Fine Arts Festivals a year; our June Arts Festival is one of the premier summer events of the lower Adirondack Region with over a 40 year history, taking place in Downtown City Park. This show features over 200 artists and artisans with live music from local musicians, childrens activities, and food concessions. The Fall Arts Festival is a indoor pre-holiday gift buying show with 100 artists and includes live music by local musicians, childrens activities, and food concessions.
- Administers Arts Grants to local Artists and Not for Profit Organizations in Warren and Washington Counties though the New York State Council on the Arts. Grants are given to artists/organizations to fulfill community projects in the visual arts, literary, theatrical, and/or musical fields.
- Membership services, anyone can become a Member of LARAC, benefits include discounts on purchases, discounts on workshops or events with a fee, participation in our annual Members Show if an artist plus more.
The Lower Adirondack Regional Arts Council (LARAC) was founded in 1972 to unify the arts community and establish a cultural identity for the region. LARAC is honored to support the local artistic tradition while challenging and inspiring the community's vision of what art is and what it contributes to our lives
LARAC's administrative offices, are located on the second floor of the carriage house, open Monday- Friday 10am-4pm.
For more information, please visit our website below or visit our Social Media pages to stay up-to-date with LARAC.