Experience the 50th Anniversary of the Adirondack Balloon Festival
September 21 - 24, 2023
The Adirondack Balloon Festival is one of the highlights of fall in Upstate New York, with visitors from around the region flocking to the Glens Falls/Queensbury/Lake George area for this thrilling event. And, 2023 marks its 50th year running!
2023 Adirondack Balloon Festival Schedule
Wednesday, September 20: Hiland Park Country Club
- Pre-Festival Cocktail Reception & Moon Glow
This new addition to the festival includes music from Rich Ortiz, and an unveiling of an anniversary painting. Tickets are $40. All other Balloon Fest events are free.
Thursday, September 21: Downtown & Crandall Park
- 4pm: 50th Anniversary Parade in Downtown Glens Falls
- 5pm: Opening Ceremony at Crandall Park followed by flight of up to 10 hot air balloons
There is no party downtown this year in lieu of the parade. The Crandall Park celebration will include food vendors and sales of official Balloon Festival clothing, pins, and other items, along with live music from The McKrells.
Friday, September 22: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 3pm: Gates open for full field of hot air balloons and special shapes
- 5:30pm: Flight of 70+ balloons, including special shapes
Friday afternoon will include food vendors, kids activities, community displays, Zonta's Balloon Craft Show, and live music from Pluck & Rail from 4pm to 6pm.
Saturday, September 23: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 4:30am: Gates open
- 5:45am: Dawn Patrol Launch (new, pre-launch launch with 5 to 10 balloons)
- 6:45am - 7am: Flight of 70+ balloons and special shapes
- 5:30pm: Half balloons fly, half stay for Moonglow
- 8pm: Moon Glow
The airport will have food vendors, the Zonta Craft Fair, exhibitors, kids activities, and music performances by the K&O Show from 2pm to 4pm, and The Ryan Montbleau Band from 5pm to 7pm.
Sunday, September 24: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 4:30am: Gates open (time estimated)
- 7am: Walter & Joan's Mass Ascension - flight of up to 90 balloons, including special shapes
There is no scheduled Sunday afternoon event, typically held in Crandall Park.
- VIP parking passes are sold out
- Word is still pending on the Balloon Breakfast that typically takes place on Saturday and Sunday
- Volunteers are still needed
- Food vendors are still being accepted as of August 10
Flight times are approximate and all activities are weather permitting.
Please no smoking, no dogs, and no drones/remote control aircrafts allowed.