2023 Adirondack Balloon Festival
September 21 - 24, 2023
The Adirondack Balloon Festival is one of the highlights of fall in Upstate New York, with visitors from around the region flocking to the Glens Falls/Queensbury/Lake George area for this thrilling event. And, 2023 marks its 50th year running!
Please see the 2022 schedule below for an idea of what to expect, and stay tuned for the 2023 schedule as it becomes available!
2022 Adirondack Balloon Festival Schedule
Thursday, September 22: Crandall Park & Downtown Glens Falls
- 4pm: Food vendors open
- 4:30pm: Beatin the Odds performs
- 5pm: Opening ceremonies
- 5:30pm: Flight of 10+ balloons
- 6pm to 9:30pm: Downtown Glens Falls block party including balloon baskets on display, a car show, and kids activities
Friday, September 23: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 3pm: Gates open
- 4:30pm to 6:30pm: The K&O Show performs
- 5pm to 6:15pm: Flight of up to 50 balloons
Saturday, September 24: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 4:30am: Gates open
- 6am to 8pm: Food vendors, exhibitors, craft fair, and kids activities
- 6:30am to 7:30am: Celebrating Joan - a tribute to one of the festival's co-founders, flight of up to 75 balloons
- 2:30pm to 6:30pm: Music by Carolyn Shapiro and Jim Gaudet and the Railroad Boys
- 5pm to 6:15pm: Flight of 50+ balloons
- 8pm: Lighting Up the Night Moonglow featuring up to 50 balloons (bring flashlights!)
Sunday, September 25: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport & Crandall Park
- 4:30am: Gates open at the airport
- 6am to 10am: Food vendors, exhibitors, craft fair, and kids activities
- 6:30am to 7:30am: Walter & Joan's Mass Ascension - flight of up to 75 balloons
- 10am: Airport closes
- 3pm: Food vendors open at Crandall Park
- 4pm: Across the Pond performs
- 5pm to 6:15pm: Closing flight of 10+ balloons
The annual Hanger Breakfast supports the Open Door Mission and is $10 for adults and $6 for kids 12 and under.
Flight times are approximate and all activities are weather permitting.
Please no smoking, no dogs, and no drones/remote control aircrafts allowed.