The Open Door Mission is a Christ-centered ministry providing hot meals, groceries, and Code Blue Shelter for homeless people in Warren, Washington, and Northern Saratoga counties since 1991.
The Open Door Mission is a Christ-centered ministry that serves the poorest in our community with daily meals, safe shelter during winter Code Blue season, and temporary housing for those who are participants in the LifePath program.
We are open daily and welcome you to join us for a nutritious meal.
Meals are offered at The Open Door six days a week. There is no charge or obligation for a meal. Our kitchen is open for guests, at a limited capacity, and with social distancing. Lunch | Monday – Saturday | 11:30am – 12:15pm. Dinner | Thursdays and Sundays | 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm.
We offer 15 meals per week on-site and serve an average of 1600 meals per month. We serve nutritious food, including a green salad and a fruit salad at every meal.
- Backpack Program - We work with 6 area schools to feed 190 children on the weekends. We provide meal items, juice, milk, fruit, snacks, breakfast items, etc.
- Emergency Food Pantry - We offer emergency food assistance only. Please call ahead for days and times. On average, we serve 40 families each month.
- We work with local agencies and businesses to connect our guests to the services they need.
We experience dangerously low temperatures in the Northeast! Open Door operates a Code Blue Shelter to give homeless people a place of warmth and safety on cold nights. The Code Blue season runs mid-November through March when the temperature is forecast for 32* or lower and/pr 12" of precipitation. We are open over 200 nights each season and serve an average of 16 people each night.
The Open Door is building a permanent shelter to give homeless persons a place to stay and help them overcome substance abuse, broken relationships, lack of education, unemployment, hopelessness, poverty, etc.
Would you like to volunteer with us? We need people to work in the kitchen, to clean, organize, do office work, help with fundraisers, etc. Just email us at email@example.com
- Milk, milk cards and creamer
- Toiletries and cleaning products (especially shaving supplies)
- Individually packaged healthy snacks and breakfast items for the student Backpack Program
- Canned foods and non-perishables
- Backpacks in good condition
- Bus tokens
- Cash donations