Top Ten Reasons To Love Queensbury
1. Gateway to the Adirondack Region
2. The Center For Health & Sports Enthusiasts
You'll find trails for hiking and biking, including the Prospect Mountain hiking trail, the Feeder Canal bike trail, the Warren County Bikeway and a growing comprehensive network of multi-use recreational trails.
There are public launch sites for canoes and kayaks on Lake George, Glen Lake and the Hudson River for an array of watersports. You can fish, sunbathe, or just cruise in your boat and enjoy your surroundings. Golf Digest placed this region second in the nation for total golf experience, So don't forget your clubs!
Other park and recreation facilities include: Gurney Lane pool, pavilion and nature trails, Hovey Pond, Hudson river boat launch and park, Jenkinsville Park's baseball, softball, and soccer fields and much more!
3. The North Country's Retail Shopping Haven
4. World Famed Theme Parks
Queensbury has some of the country's oldest theme parks in operation, including:
- The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom
- Magic Forest
- Wild West Ranch
5. Rich & Exciting History
- Historic sites dating back to the French and Indian War
- Fort William Henry Museum
- Fort Edward and Rogers Island Visitor's Center
- Site of the Bloody Morning Scout ambush, Ephraim Williams Monument, Bloody Pond and Blind Rock
- Bolton Museum, Lake George Museum, Chapman Museum, The Hyde Collection, Warren County Historical Society and Historical Collections, Fort Edward's Old Fort House Museum
- Heart of the regional Native American trail system and military trail / warpath reenactments
6. Lodging & Dining Galore
7. Fine Location & Transportation Facilities
Utilize Queensbury's Airport and hangar facilities, municipal bus and trolley system, and conveniently travel to major cities: Albany, Boston, Montreal and New York City are all within a 4-hour drive!
8. Potential Development of Commercial & Industrial Sites
- Airport and Adirondack Industrial Parks
- Office, Commercial, Light Industrial, Heavy Industrial and Multi-Use Zones
- Home to key medical device manufacturers
- Within the first sphere of influence to an interstate-linked technology park and GlobalFoundries, the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry
9. Popular Local Events
10. Great Real Estate Buy
New homes are constantly springing up in Queensbury as the area continues to grow. With a great sense of community, a long list of things to do, and a high-performing school district, Queensbury is a smart place to buy a home.