The 6,250-acre Moreau Lake State Park is a favorite place for Capital Region and North Country residents and visitors alike to frequent its many year-round recreational opportunities, programs, and events.
What to Know About Moreau Lake State Park
The park includes:
- Over 20 miles of hiking trails
- Camping and picnicking grounds
- The lake and beach for boating, kayaking, swimming, and fishing
- Playgrounds, showers, and a Visitor Center
- Two pavilions available to rent
- Snowshoes available to rent
- Opportunities for further winter recreation, including cross-country skiing and ice fishing
- Deer hunting in a limited area, in season
- It's also a Bird Conservation Area!
The Park is open year-round, dawn to dusk, with swimming and camping available seasonally.
See the latest info on hours here: https://parks.ny.gov/parks/moreaulake/details.aspx