High stakes, big races, champions and upsets - all part of the experience of "the Track", and your guide to all these things is here at SaratogaRaceTrack.com!
The Race Course in Saratoga sees big names both in the grandstands and coming out of the starting gate. Don't be intimidated - you can be a part of all the excitement in a place where beginner's luck is just as important as seasoned advice. The 2021 Saratoga meet begins Thursday, July 15 and concludes Monday, September 6. Please note that during the 2021 meet, the track will be dark on both Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Gates open at 11 a.m. every day of the 2021 summer meet, with the exception of Travers Day when gates open at 7 a.m.
- First post time is 1:05 p.m. every racing day with the following exceptions:
- 11:35 am on Travers Day (Saturday, August 28)
- 12:35 pm on Saturday, August 7 (Whitney Day); Saturday, September 4; Sunday, September 5; Monday, September 6
Admission tickets are sold at the gate upon entry into the track or in advance through Ticketmaster.
- 2021 General/Grandstand Admission: $7 (Children 12 and under are free with adult)
- 2021 Clubhouse Admission: $10
- 2021 Travers Day Admission: $15 Grandstand, $25 Clubhouse
Reserved Seating is purchased separately, including a limited number of premium picnic tables that can be reserved in the backyard area. Learn more about tickets and seating
There is a tradition in Saratoga, however, to throw a tablecloth over a picnic table to "claim" it. People are usually respectful of this rule. Even so, these go fast, so make sure you get to the track very early in order to claim a table.
For information during the Saratoga meet, please call (518) 584-6200.