Glen Lake is located in the Town of Queensbury near the Great Escape. The lake is popular for boating, fishing, and waterside dining.
About Glen Lake
Glen Lake is a two mile long natural freshwater and dam controlled lake. The depth is roughly 50 feet at normal water elevation. There are two islands on the eastern side of the lake, and a public boat launch for canoes and kayaks is situated on the western side adjacent to the Docksider Restaurant. The lake's calm waters are perfect for a fairly private and relaxing boating trip.
Things To Do
- The Docksider Restaurant is located at 298 Glen Lake Road and offers great food and beautiful views of Glen Lake. The restaurant is open year round, and during the summer, you can watch boaters from the outside deck.
- The Full Moon Bar and Grill is located at the northwestern end of the lake at 490 Glen Lake Road. The restaurant offers seafood, sandwiches, barbecue, and more.
- The Glenmoore Lodge is located at 330 Glen Lake Road right on the water.
- Due south of Glen Lake is the much smaller Round Pond where you'll find the Glens Falls Country Club.
If you want to explore Glen Lake yourself, take your boat to the public launch site. You'll find picnic tables, a fishing dock, and a small parking area. The launch is open seasonally during daylight hours. Trailers are not allowed and motorized boats cannot be launched from this site. Swimming is also prohibited.
For fishermen, Glen Lake is known to have brown bullhead, chain pickerel, largemouth bass, pumpkinseed, smallmouth bass, walleye, and yellow perch.
From The North (Lake George):
1. Take I-89 south to Exit 20
2. After exiting the interstate, turn left, cross over the overpass, then turn right at the light onto Route 9
3. At the next light, turn left onto Glen Lake Road
4. Follow Glen Lake Road until you see the lake. The boat launch is on the right.
From The South (Glens Falls):
1. Take Route 9 north until you pass the Great Escape**
2. At the first traffic light after the Great Escape, turn right onto Glen Lake Road
3. Follow Glen Lake Road until you see the lake. The boat launch is on the right.
** You can also take I-89 north to Exit 20 from points south. If you choose this route, take a right onto Route 9 from the off-ramp, continue to the second traffic light, and turn left onto Glen Lake Road.