The Parks-Bentley Place, the home of the Historical Society of Moreau and South Glens Falls, is a nicely restored house with architecture representing two historic time periods.
The Parks-Bentley Place is named after two of the prominent families who occupied this site. The Moreau No. 8 Schoolhouse, Circa 1812, is an original post and beam one-room schoolhouse from the Town of Moreau, which was moved and rebuilt on the Parks-Bentley property. Tours of the house and schoolhouse are available by appointment and are open at most major events. Summer hours and special events are posted on our property sign and in local community calendars as well as several websites.
Because of its historic significance, the Parks-Bentley Place was added to the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places on March 18, 1994. The building currently serves as the headquarters for the historical society and is open to the public to enhance visitors' knowledge and understanding of the historical signficance of the area.