Annual Theatrical Cemetery Tour at Glens Falls Cemetery
For the 18th year, the Chapman Museum is partnering with the Glens Falls Community Theatre to bring history to life. Tours will stop at gravesites throughout the cemetery to hear actors and actresses depict some of the area’s ancestors and tell their stories.
This year's list of featured figures includes:
- Dr. Gordon Cadwell Peck, a dentist and magician
- Sarah and Louis H. Aldrich, lawyer and inventor of a bicycle powered paddleboat
- Mary Culver, wife of Glens Falls Police Chief George Culver
- Jonas Ordway, lumberman and benefactor
- George Mead, baseball player turned insurance company executive
- English immigrant Elizabeth Cowlbeck
- DeForest West, a performer known as the "Great Male Soprano"
Walking tours are scheduled at 10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am, 11:30 am, 12 noon, and 12:30 pm. Two golf cart tours are offered at 10:15am and 12:15pm for people with mobility challenges.
The cost is $15/person, $8/students and a $2 discount for museum members. Paid reservations in advance are recommended since tours do sell out. Walk-ins are accommodated if there is room.
For reservations, call 518-793-2826 or stop by the Chapman Museum at 348 Glen Street.