16th Annual Special Olympics NY Lake George Polar Plunge
Plunging into icy waters is an age-old tradition here in Lake George. On Saturday, November 19, 2022, that tradition continues at Shepard Park Beach with the 15th Annual Lake George Polar Plunge for Special Olympics NY.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate event from the annual New Year's Day Lake George Polar Plunge.
Gather family, friends, teammate and co-workers to start a POLAR PLUNGE TEAM or join as an individual! Ask everyone you know to help sponsor your plunge in support of local Special Olympics athletes, every dollar makes a difference.
Some important things to remember before taking the plunge:
- Pack a towel and water shoes
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge
- For your own safety, never dive into the water
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera
- Have fun!