The information you are viewing for this event is from 2018.
Please check back for updates.
12th Annual Lake George Polar Plunge For Special Olympics
Plunging into icy waters is an age-old tradition here in Lake George. On Saturday, November 17, 2018, that tradition continues at Shepard Park Beach with the Lake George Polar Plunge for Special Olympics NY.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate event from the annual New Years Day Polar Plunge Swim in Lake George.
Freezin'...For What Reason?!
Last year nearly 600 participants braved the icy waters while hundreds of spectators looked on with excitement. These daring participants show their support for the Special Olympics and raise money for the organization.
Many form teams and have fun with it. The goal is to get friends, family, colleagues and other donors to sponsor your plunge, ultimately raising thousands of dollars to help the Special Olympics reach their fundraising goal.
Some important things to remember before taking the plunge:
- Pack a towel and water shoes
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge
- For your own safety, never dive into the water
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera
- Have fun!
Schedule of Events:
- Friday, November 16
- 8:00PM - 12:00AM: Pre-Party at Lake George Beach Club
- Saturday, November 17
- 9:30AM - 11:30AM: Registration
- 12:00PM: PLUNGE
For more information, check out the Lake George Polar Plunge Facebook page or call 518-388-0790 x8128.