Summer has officially kicked off in Glens Falls, and if you’re looking for ways to beat the heat, you don’t have to go far from home. The City of Glens Falls has announced that starting Monday, June 29, Haviland’s Cove Beach will open for swimming with new restrictions.
Cool Off at Haviland’s Cove Beach
Haviland’s Cove Beach is currently closed for swimmers, but according to the City’s announcement, it will open on a daily basis (weather permitting) starting on June 29. The beach’s hours of operation will be 12:00pm-5:00pm.
When the beach opens for the 2020 season, there will be a number of new restrictions visitors must follow, including:
- Vehicle access to the park will be limited to 28 vehicles on a first-come, first-served basis from 12:00pm-5:00pm daily.
- Visitors will be required to check in at the gate before being admitted to the park.
- Guidelines for entry will be posted and all who enter the park must adhere to New York State Department of Health mandates for social distancing and wearing of facial coverings. Beach patrons should try to stay six feet apart from others and wear a mask covering both nose and mouth when not in the water.
- Blankets and/or towels on the beach must be spaced 10 feet apart. The number of swimmers on the beach or in the water at one time will be limited and the limit will be strictly enforced.
- Swimming is prohibited when lifeguards are not on duty.
Violators of these restrictions face suspension of their park privileges. The City of Glens Falls is asking visitors to abide by the rules so that Haviland’s Cove can remain open for everyone’s enjoyment this summer.