For more than 65 years, Prospect Center has been committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in Queensbury, NY and beyond. It offers a wide variety of medical, therapeutic and educational services and resources to assist families.
Prospect Center is a division of the Center for Disability Services.
Prospect Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit health organization which operates as a licensed Diagnostic and Treatment Center, a fully accredited educational facility at its Langan School and services for adults and support for families.
Its mission is to enable and empower people, primarily those with disabilities, to lead healthy and enriched lives.
Medical & Therapeutic Services
The medical and therapeutic services offered at Prospect Center's Diagnostic and Treatment Center help support individuals and their families:
- Medical - Diagnostic and consultative appointments, examinations and referrals
- Therapeutic - Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech & language pathology and aquatic physical therapy
Prospect Center accepts most forms of private medical insurances and Medicaid for their services.
The Langan School at Prospect Center is licensed by the New York State Education Department to provide Special Education Services, Developmental Evaluations and Nursery School. There are classes for preschoolers and students ages 2 through 21. Program features include:
- Certified teachers, early childhood educators, and teaching assistants in all the classrooms
- Interactive computer systems to enhance language and cognitive development
- Themed-based instruction within the classroom to foster active participation and learning
- Langan School at Prospect Center is a MOVE International Model Site, incorporating the MOVE (Mobility Opportunities Via Education) curriculum into all aspects of learning and skills training. Specialized equipment is used to assist with movement.
- Langan School at Prospect Center has a RAAVE program, Responsibly Addressing Autism Via Education, for students who have autism spectrum disorders.
- Music therapy
- Summer school program
- Ongoing communication with families regarding their child's activities
Tuition at the Langan School is funded by the student’s school district and county of residence.
Prospect Center offers day habilitation for adult program participants who have disabilities. This weekday program is at the Prospect Center main site.
It operates an IRA, an Individualized Residential Alternative home for adults who have disabilities, and has community habilitation and in-home respite services for individuals and families.