Located less than 6 miles away from Lake George, NY, The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom is the region's premier theme park featuring over 135 rides and attractions, including thrill rides, family rides, and a full outdoor water park.
For over 60 years, Six Flags' The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom has served as a summer and fall entertainment hotspot for families in the Lake George area. Not only is it one of America's favorite and most historic theme parks, but it continues to grow each season.
Visit The Great Escape
Whether you're looking for thrills or fun rides for the kids, you'll find an attraction at The Great Escape that's just right!
- Thrill Rides - Some of the country's fastest, tallest, and wildest rides are at this theme park! Check out the Comet, the Steamin' Demon, the Sasquatch, and more.
- Family Rides - A variety of rides that are perfect for the family await you, including the Desperado Plunge, the Raging River, and the Flying Trapeze.
- Kids Rides - Have young kids? Bring them to Frankie's Mine Train, the Krazy Kups, and other kid-friendly rides.
Explore The Splashwater Kingdom
Want to get wet and wild this summer? The Great Escape's popular outdoor water park is called the Splashwater Kingdom, and it's located on site. There are over 10 amazing attractions in Splashwater Kingdom, and you'll find everything from large pools to lazy rivers and multi-passenger rafting adventures.
Some of the top water attractions include:
- Bonzai Pipelines - Take a spin on the park's first body speed slides.
- Lumberjack Splash Wave Pool - Splash around in this 500,000 gallon wave pool.
- Capt'n Hook's Adventure River - Enjoy a fun raft ride on a lazy river.
- Tornado - Raft down a 132-foot tunnel into the mouth of a giant funnel.
- And More!
Although The Great Escape's summer season ends in early September, the fun isn't over for the year! Fright Fest is the area's biggest Halloween celebration, and it takes place on weekends for about a month in fall.
There are always plenty of activities, frights, and surprises in store for visitors during Fright Fest. From haunted houses to roaming monsters, prepare for chills and thrills this Halloween season!
Parking Operating Schedule
Ready to plan your visit? Check out some of the details for their 2018 season:
- May: 12-13, 19-20, 25-28, 31
- June: 1-3, 6-10, 13-17, 18-24, 25-30
- July: 1-31
- August: 1-31
- September: 1-3, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30
- October: 5-8, 12-14, 19-21, 26-28
- November: 3-4