The Salvation Army of Greater Glens Falls and the Tri-County United Way conducted a drive-thru food pantry on May 7 the Washington County Fair Grounds.
Statistics provided by the Salvation Army include:
• 1784 people served in 397 vehicles, representing 517 households, 946 adults, 550 children and 288 senior citizens.
• 37,000 pounds of food was donated by the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY
• 600 gallons of milk was donated Battenkill Valley Creamery.
• 4600 boxes of tissues were donated by Irving & Scotties.
• Thousands of masks were distributed by SAIL (Southern Adirondack Independent Living).
• Two forklifts and drivers were donated Rojcewicz Trucking.
It was accomplished by 214 volunteers from the public and 12 agencies who served a combined 974 hours.