Washington County Local Development Corp. and the Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce will announce the 2013 Washington County Small Business of the Year Awards at a luncheon on Dec. 6 at Rainer’s B&B on the Green, 89 County Road 41 (Notre Dame Street Extension), Hudson Falls.
Luncheon will run from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
It includes a ceremony to honor this year’s award winners and to celebrate all of the businesses nominated this year.
The 2013 nominees to be honored are:
• Agricultural Stewardship Association, Greenwich
• Currin Compliance Service, LLC, Greenwich
• Putorti’s Broadway Market, Whitehall
• Ure Hometown Bakery & Sandwich Shoppe, Hudson Falls
• DK Machine, Inc., Fort Edward
• Lake Lauderdale Campground, Cambridge
• Bedlam Corners General Store, Hebron
• What’s Cookin? Restaurant & Creative Catering, Hartford
• Pole Valley Players Club, Hartford
• Adirondack Technical Solutions, Argyle
• Laura’s Flower Shop (Laura’s Garden), Salem
• O’Hearn’s Pharmacy, Cambridge
• Battenkill Valley Creamery, Salem
Nominations were made by any individual who live, work or conducts business in Washington County. A member of the award selection committee met with and interviewed each nominee to further evaluate credentials and develop a case for their receiving the award. Among the criteria for consideration are:
That it be an established Washington County business with two to 50 employees; have a commitment to Washington County; have staying power; have a unique product or service; and have exceptional customer service.
Reservations are required. To reserve a seat or table at the annual awards luncheon, contact Ashley LaVoy at the ARCC at 798-1761. For more information contact Deanna Derway at Washington County LDC at 746-2290.