EDC Warren County will hold its second
annual Southern Adirondack Planning
& Zoning Forum on Thursday, Sept.
25, at Fort William Henry Conference
Center, 48 Canada St., Lake George.
The EDC Events Steering Committee
and EDC staff, led by John Wheatley is
preparing for the informative session designed
for planning, zoning and municipal
officials in the Southern Adirondack
The event will run from 8 a.m. to 12:30
Topics to be covered include:
• Latest SEQRA regulation information.
• Attorney Mark Schachner’s “Planning
• APA shoreline development.
• Variances in the Adirondack Park.
• Recognizing gray areas and stumbling
• Update and regional impact of the
• Finding the balance: Adirondack
Last year’s forum qualified for continuing
education credits in municipalities
that certified. Participants can inquire
with their individual town for more details
Space is limited. Last year’s event was
sold out. People can register online www.
edcwc.org. There is a $25 registration fee
and checks can be made payable to EDC
Warren County. They can be mailed to
EDC, 234 Glen St., Glens Falls, 12801.